Unofficial Armada - Galactic War Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the community forums for Armada - Galactic War, the hottest RTS game for the iDevice.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Map Idea: Outposts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Doomedo
Supreme Commander
Doomedo

Map Idea: Outposts Empty
PostSubject: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Name: Outposts

Map Idea: Outposts 5dv32v

Basic idea of this map, is that instead of expanding in the center, you would have to expand on the edges. And then, you would take that AP and then go to the center to start huge wars, because making tanks on an "Outpost" would be useless because once you make them, they're stuck there forever.

This map focuses on huge "colliseum-style" maps, where it's a free-for-all in the center, with tiny island outposts on the edges.

But... If there was a new flying transport unit that could pick up units and place them in other places, then this map would be brought a whole new meaning!

Ideas? Thoughts? btw. i made this in MS paint in about 30 seconds, don't be too harsh on me Wink
Back to top Go down
https://armada.darkbb.com
Blade21
Nub
Nub
Blade21

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:02 pm

thats basically what I had in mine for a map.

Just like supreme commander!
Back to top Go down
Doomedo
Supreme Commander
Doomedo

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Blade21 wrote:
thats basically what I had in mine for a map.

Just like supreme commander!

I suggested this already. I just didn't make a picture
Back to top Go down
backtothis
I'm So Pro
I'm So Pro

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptySun May 16, 2010 1:12 am

what a badass picture.
Back to top Go down
tonybadguy
Creater of the Universe
Creater of the Universe

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:31 am

Would there be any reason to actually go to the center to battle? Seems like all the battles would be fought in the air over the resource patches.
Back to top Go down
Doomedo
Supreme Commander
Doomedo

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptySun May 16, 2010 10:02 am

Hmmm. Good point Tony I'll redraw a picture of this later. I have an idea to fix that
Back to top Go down
Blade21
Nub
Nub
Blade21

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:36 pm

spawn point is in the middle, so fighting starts in the middle?
Back to top Go down
Doomedo
Supreme Commander
Doomedo

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:47 pm

Map Idea: Outposts 2n1gz5w

There. THe reason to go to middle is to get ur mechs / tanks to fight. instead of using just planes. But in order to get strong you'll need to expand on edges
Back to top Go down
Blade21
Nub
Nub
Blade21

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptySun May 16, 2010 6:11 pm

na, still most of fighting would be at mines imo
Back to top Go down
Doomedo
Supreme Commander
Doomedo

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptyMon May 17, 2010 4:51 pm

Fighting with what? It would be impossible to get mechs on there. Likewise with tanks. The only thing you can really attack 9 miners with is like planes, but that would be hard to produce with one mine. Sooo. People would take control of mines. Send some units to go harasss enemy bases, while building up funds to get planes to attack mines.
Back to top Go down
Blade21
Nub
Nub
Blade21

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptyMon May 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Doomedo wrote:
Fighting with what? It would be impossible to get mechs on there. Likewise with tanks. The only thing you can really attack 9 miners with is like planes, but that would be hard to produce with one mine. Sooo. People would take control of mines. Send some units to go harasss enemy bases, while building up funds to get planes to attack mines.

bad map srry.

Water vehicles ftw.
Back to top Go down
Doomedo
Supreme Commander
Doomedo

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:19 pm

Water would further complicate the game. >_< The goal of the game is simplicity with strategy.

If water were to be used in the game, then the only effect that it would have on the game is slowing tank and mech speed even more.
Back to top Go down
Blade21
Nub
Nub
Blade21

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Doomedo wrote:
Water would further complicate the game. >_< The goal of the game is simplicity with strategy.

If water were to be used in the game, then the only effect that it would have on the game is slowing tank and mech speed even more.
which encourages the use of the new vehicle in the first post
Back to top Go down
Doomedo
Supreme Commander
Doomedo

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:48 pm

Would make it way too complicated. Would those water vehicles be only good on water? And suckish on land?

If they were suckish on land, then what's the point in having them when there's only going to be a few stages with water.

If they were decent on land, then tanks would still have to be stronger than them on land. (If the aqua tanks were better than the normal tanks on land, then what's the point of making regular tanks? Why not just get rid of that unit completely?)
Back to top Go down
Blade21
Nub
Nub
Blade21

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Doomedo wrote:
Would make it way too complicated. Would those water vehicles be only good on water? And suckish on land?

If they were suckish on land, then what's the point in having them when there's only going to be a few stages with water.

If they were decent on land, then tanks would still have to be stronger than them on land. (If the aqua tanks were better than the normal tanks on land, then what's the point of making regular tanks? Why not just get rid of that unit completely?)

where the hell did u get water tanks?

i'm talking about the transport vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Doomedo
Supreme Commander
Doomedo

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:19 pm

O_O.... Oh okay. WHoops sorry didn't see that xD.

but yep, i want air transport units pl0x. Not land. With air we can sneak up behind miners in a convoy of Planes guarding the transport, and deliver r@p3 up the butt
Back to top Go down
Blade21
Nub
Nub
Blade21

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Doomedo wrote:
O_O.... Oh okay. WHoops sorry didn't see that xD.

but yep, i want air transport units pl0x. Not land. With air we can sneak up behind miners in a convoy of Planes guarding the transport, and deliver r@p3 up the butt

new strategy ftw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map Idea: Outposts   Map Idea: Outposts Empty

Back to top Go down

Map Idea: Outposts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Armada - Galactic War Forums :: Ideas for Future Updates :: Maps-
Jump to: